You might remember our recent article in Richmond Weddings Magazine on how we love Pinterest and what a wonderful tool it is for brides to find inspiration. Today, we’re putting our money where our mouth is as we share our recent finds from Pinterest for up and coming trends!
- We love the idea of a DIY chalkboard background for photos. Use Polaroid cameras so that your guests can take their photos home as keepsakes from your Big Day.
- Additionally, Kraft paper can make the perfect placemat- you can even add a little touch of a personalization by writing out each guest’s name so that they can find their seat.
- Sometimes guests are too busy having fun at your wedding to stop and enjoy your delicious wedding cake, and we have the solution for you. Have the caterer place the extra pieces of cake in to go containers and forks that can be placed at the exit for guests to grab and enjoy later!
- Calligraphy is the most beautiful way to address your envelopes; with so many options from formal to laid back style, there is a little something for everyone. We also suggest adding several beautiful stamps as well to make it a bit more memorable for the recipient.
- White and black anemones are an unexpected wedding flower but they are popping up all over the place from bouquets to table settings and we say it’s a DO!
- We love chevron just as much as you but we think lattice print might just be the next big thing!
- Mini-Champagne with a stripped straw, need we say more!
- Brides and Grooms are opting to have sprinkles thrown instead of rice or birdseed, it makes for some beautiful photos and it is just so much fun!
- And the last one speaks for its self! We say it’s your party, and you can party like you want to! 🙂
We hope you enjoyed visiting some of the latest trends as much as we did. Don’t forget to join us on Pinterest for all sorts of swoon worthy wedding inspiration!
See you soon,
~Paula & Martin Ramirez
Paula and Martin Ramirez are the proprietors of Historic Mankin Mansion, a wedding resort and bed and breakfast just minutes from Downtown Richmond. They enjoy new restaurant finds, Virginia wines and discovering fun events and activities throughout the area for their guests.