Thinking about the perfect signature cocktail for your wedding?
We here at the Mansion love this sort of personal touch. Before making the leap, here are a few considerations to keep in mind:
- Theme: Allow the drink to introduce your guests to the theme for your wedding reception. Bubbles would complement a glam theme while a spiked lemonade or sweet tea cocktail would be perfect for a traditional southern fete.
- Season: You’ll want to select a drink that perfectly pairs with the weather as well. Consider cinnamon, cranberry, or apple pie flavors for the fall, or something light with a hint of citrus for the summer.
- History: Want to share your story with attendees? Say it with the cocktail you enjoyed on your first date together. Did you meet in college? Consider incorporating your school colors with a sugar rim, or fun straw.
- Go local: Show a little local love by selecting a craft beer or wine in your region. Virginia is home to a wealth of vineyards and breweries- your guests will no doubt appreciate the special touch.
- Glassware: It’s not just about the mixology- every great cocktail needs a fabulous glass. Think beyond the norm with vintage glasses and mason jars.
There are a number of ways to personalize your Big Day. A fun, creative beverage menu will no doubt delight your attendees. With the above considerations in mind, you are on your way to a memorable signature drink!
Paula and Martin Ramirez are the proprietors of Historic Mankin Mansion, a wedding resort just minutes from Downtown Richmond. They enjoy new restaurant finds, Virginia wines and discovering fun events and activities throughout the area for their guests.
Photo Credit: Pinterest